Sunday, April 5, 2015

Our Easter!

We have a tradition of doing our Easter egg hunt the Saturday evening before Easter Sunday. I love this tradition because we can really enjoy it without feeling rushed, and we have noticed the kids really focus on the resurrection of Jesus for church on Sunday. For this year's hunt, the kids got their baskets filled with stuffed animals and little toys and then headed to our front yard for their hunting. 

Acarith is so funny--she had on Friday night picked out this outfit to wear specifically for the hunt. She is definitely the fashionista of the family!

Hardy did NOT want his picture taken during the hunt. He said, "Mama, I'm hunting. I don't have time to stop for a picture!" :) He felt better when I assured him I would be taking pictures of the others as well!

I love this picture of Tim and the kids. It was taken right after the hunt.  They were so excited with their full baskets!

The kids were all smiles! We really had a good time. Afterwards they just enjoyed opening their eggs and eating their candies while Tim and I relaxed on our patio chairs. It was such a fun night!

Easter morning we got to church early to get pictures (and also prepare for the services), but then something horrible happened--my camera battery went dead! I was thankful that I at least got two pictures taken of the kids before that happened.
Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to get Tirzah a dress and found nothing--and I mean nothing. In our town there is only one other option for dresses her age--JC Penneys. As I was heading there, I said out loud, "Lord, please let there be a dress for no more than $25 (last year the cheapest ones there were for $40 but we found one for her at WalMart for $15). I really was on a time crunch, and as I was pulling up to the parking lot I said, "Okay, Lord, I'll settle for $33." I ran in (literally) and discovered their dresses were 60% off, and found a cute dress in her (new) favorite color for--with tax included--$25.12. As I ran back to the van, I thanked the Lord for the dress and confessed my lack of faith! :) Seriously though, it's easy to get dresses for the little girls (theirs were both birthday presents by our friends), but it's getting harder to find modest, pretty dresses for Tirzah. One good thing--I'm inspired to pull my sewing machine out for making culottes and skirts this spring.
Ahhh...it's busy being a mother of four, but I love it!
I hope you all have enjoyed your Easter like our family did! Happy Resurrection Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment