Monday, April 20, 2015

Hardy's Baptism!

Last year in August Hardy accepted Jesus as his Savior and the past few months has been talking about baptism. We finally set the date for April 19th, and it was perfect because his grandma, grandpa, and uncles could come up and be there for the ceremony. I took this picture of him with his sisters on Sunday morning before church.  

The last week Hardy was nervous about the baptism. He left junior church class to get dressed and said, "Mama, can you pray for me to not be nervous?"

After I prayed with him, I took this picture of us. By this time, everyone was waiting for him to arrive outside.

This is  a picture of my family ready to watch the baptism. From the back left-my brother Jonathan, Dad, brother Stephen, then from the front-Selah, Mom, Tirzah, and Acarith. It was nice we could all be together as a family. My mom has been having health issues and my older brother has been flying out of state for job interviews, so it was amazing we could all be together for the baptism.

Tim had the privilege of baptizing Hardy. The water was nice and warm from the baptismal heater, and later Hardy said he wished he could have "gone swimming in it."
This was really exciting for Hardy. He later told Tim, "I had a wonderful day today!"
Hardy has really grown spiritually this last year; he has consistently wanted to be a missionary. Last week I heard him ask one of our teenager guys at church, "Do you want to be a missionary with me?" Then he asked another older boy the same question a few days later. Just last Saturday at a party he asked his friend LJ, "How about we be missionaries together when we grow up?" :) I love his sweet spirit towards the mission field and would be thrilled if he did become a missionary one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment