Friday, March 3, 2017

Ruth Ann's 40th Birthday Party!

Some birthdays just come and go with simple gifts and maybe a cake. This birthday was not one of those! Wow--my 40th birthday was very fun and special. The days leading up to my birthday, Tim told me to be ready for a day of birthday surprises. The night before, he accidentally spilled the beans on the first part--we would leave in the morning to drop the kids off at school and a friend's house (thank you Naomi for watching the girls!), go to Phoenix, shop and have lunch with our dear friends Dave and Grace Hardy. We had a great time!
 

After our time in Phoenix, we picked up the girls, went to our house (Selah needed a nap), and Tim picked up the two older kids. Back at home, Tim told me my other surprise was ready. He made me lay on the couch with a blanket over my face until I heard laughter and , "Happy birthday, Ruth Ann!" It was my parents! They had driven five hours up to be with me! (What made this so surprising is that I had just been with them for the weekend to celebrate dad's birthday and had come home 3 days earlier.) It was great to have them be with me on my special day!

I loved my birthday present from Tim!

For my birthday party, Tim came up with a unique theme--a "WD-40th Birthday." He asked friends to please brings gifts that would stop squeaks, oil rusty parts, and etc. On Friday, the day after my birthday, we had an open house party at our house for my birthday from 1pm -6pm. Actually, the guests started arriving at noon and the last group of friends left at 9:30!

The kids loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa, even if they only stayed for one full day. They left Friday afternoon. Thanks dad and mom for coming to my party!

Awwww, couldn't resist posting this picture of Acarith crashing by the end of the night!

I made one of my favorite cakes--Hawaiian cake. It was my mother-in-law's recipe. It's yellow cake topped with a cream cheese/pudding layer, crushed pineapple, and then whipped cream. I used 3 cake mixes in my big sheet cake pan and was surprised to see it all gone by the end of the night!
I do want to say, I felt very special on my 40th birthday. All my family, friends, phone calls, cards, texts, and gifts--I feel so very blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Thank you to all who made my day very special!

No comments:

Post a Comment