Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Making decorations for Thansgiving!

The girls really wanted to make some decorations for Thanksgiving. We finally decided to make a turkey for a table centerpiece and a handprint thankful chart. Acarith especially loved the excuse to get busy painting the feathers (craft sticks) for the turkey.

Tirzah is the arts and craftsy one of the bunch. She really has a creative flair, and I always enjoy seeing her creations come together.

Well, this is what happens when I leave the room for 30 seconds! Selah, of course, wanted to get in on all the action. Fortunately, all craft paint in my house is waterproof, so I'm thankful for that!
I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I have thoroughly enjoyed Selah's toddler stage. She gets into trouble and can really make messes, but she really is a lot of fun. I honestly do love her adventuresome spirit!

Hardy also enjoys doing crafts. He's not overly fond of crafts like Tirzah, but definitely game for anything that requires paint! He actually switched to using a marker for his feathers, because he wanted to "draw some really cool designs on them." :)
 
Here's the turkey! Everyone really liked how it turned out. (By the way, aren't my kids adorable? I love this picture of them!)
 
We made a thankful tree with everyone's handprints. The kids enjoyed saying what they were thankful for and I will always treasure this. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and just enjoying spending some time together as a family.
From our family to yours, I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment