Friday, December 6, 2013

Selah has her helmet!




Selah received her helmet yesterday! We are so thankful that we can start the process. She is not very fond of it--and I must admit Tim and I aren't either--but hopefully she'll (we'll!) get used to it soon. The first day she wears the helmet (which is today), she wears it for an hour and then off an hour; the second day she wears it for two hours and then off an hour...and so on until Day 5. Then she will be wearing it for 23 hours a day, having an hour off to wash her hair, helmet, and letting the helmet air out.
When I first saw the helmet on her my first thought was, "Oh, they made it kind of crooked." But actually it's made like that to show you how far you need to go to get the head straightened out. It amazed me to visually see how much her skull has shifted compared to what it normally should be. I am asking you to please pray the helmet will do its job and that it won't take too long to correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment